Financials & FUNDraising
Looking for funding
There are a number of organisations which curate lists of grant makers, philanthropists. They usually require a subscription.
Thinking about getting funding from business?
This article suggests how to go about it... Fundraising & Philanthropy Australasia Magazine
Finance Calculators and Tools
Here is a rudimentary spreadsheet to keep track of Petty Cash. Select whether the amount in the transaction is for a purchase or to top up the 'float' and then complete the details. Link.
There are scams out there to get people to sign up to get access to government grants. However this information is freely available on the internet at https://www.business.gov.au/assistance
The Australian Charities and NonProfit Commission [ACNC] is the national regulator of charities. It
- registers organisations as charities
- helps charities understand and meet their obligations through information, guidance, advice and other support
- helps the public understand the work of the not-for profit sector through information, guidance, advice and other support
- maintains a free and searchable public register so that anyone can look up information about registered charities
- works with state and territory governments (as well as federal, state and territory government agencies) to develop a 'report-once, use-often' reporting framework for charities. The ACNC, at the time of publication of this article, has limited involvement with non-profits that are not charities.